I wanted to show you today my TBR cart. This is an idea that I got from multiple booktubers including Hailey in Bookland. Most of them all used a Raskog from Ikea. We don’t have Ikea here, so instead, I was going to get a dupe from Kmart when I found this neat looking bamboo cart that I liked way better and looked like it would hold more books.
I liked this idea because it put every book I own but have not read yet all on one cart. This is so much more helpful as if I go to my main shelves I’m prone to pick up one of my favourites, like The Septimus Heaps Series by Angie Sage, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath or Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.
Also, this makes me more accountable when I want to buy more books I have to remind myself that this shelf is overwhelmed with books I need to still read. I still buy more books though.
The Complete Cart:
This is it. All the books I own but haven’t read. Most of these I have actually purchased myself. A few are ARCs sent to me by the author/publisher. And Two are from Owl Crate. Still, it’s a lot of books. 44 books overall. And I know I have at least 2 books on their way to me from publishers and I *think* 5 books on order. EEP!
So First of all the 4 stacked on top are usually bind these ones as I have run out of room for them all to fit on the shelves as is.
- We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal – This was the Owl Crate book for May, which was convenient as I was wanting to read it!
- Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson – Owl Crate book for June, I didn’t know anything about this book. Somehow had assumed it was a sequel to An Enchantment of Ravens(it’s not) which I haven’t read.
- Scythe and Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman – These have been so highly recommended by multiple booktubers and book bloggers that I had to pick them up.
- How It Feels To Float by Helena Fox – I picked this book up solely because of Paper Fury’s review and author interview. I keep meaning to read it next.
- Chaos Walking Trilogy by Patrick Ness – I’ll be honest I had a gift card and my local Whitcoulls had a buy one get one half off so I picked up this trilogy. I know little about it but the pages are all block edged and it just was so aesthetic!
- Spark by Rachael Craw – I am embarrassed as a Kiwi Blogger that I have never heard of this Kiwi Author. As such, I picked this up in the above-mentioned sale to get an even Four ;-).
- Blackbird by N.D. Gomes – This was being cleared from a local charity shop and was thus free. It sounded really creepy and so somehow ended up at my house.
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – This is one of those books I never heard of then suddenly everyone was talking about how great it was. When I saw it on sale, new, for $2.50 I picked it up.
- Turtles All The Way Down and Paper Towns by John Green – These were recent gifts from someone who knows how much I love Will Grayson, Will Grayson and An Abundance of Katherines.
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury – This is the Aussie and Kiwi YA Bloggers July Buddy Read.
- Into The Water by Paula Hawkins – I literally have no idea why I bought this. I completely blame Kayla of Books and Lala.
Phew finished one shelf done of my TBR cart and the biggest one of the lot!
- Sorcerous Rivalry by Kayleigh Nicol – This was sent to me by the author, and I really should get to reading it.
- The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare – I picked this up a while back during a Book Depository sale. I really like Holly Black, not so much Cassandra Clare, but let’s see how this goes.
- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo – Again EVERYONE has talked about how amazing this whole world is. I want to read this so I can read Six of Crows.
- Lifel1k3 and Dev1at3 by Jay Kristoff – I got each of these books massively reduced. Lifel1ke was a dollar at The Warehouse while Dev1at3 was 75% off through Mighty Ape as an add on after I purchased other books.
- The Witches Book of Self Care and The Green Witch by Arin Murphy-Hiscock – These were picked up in a bundle and save on Amazon and have been highly recommended. I really only shop at Amazon just enough to be able to review over there :-p
- The Bone Magician by F.E. Higgins – This was at my local Library’s annual book sale for 50 cents.
- Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore – This is part of my must read EVERYTHING by Senorita McLemore! Her writing is some of my favourite!
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales – I know nothing about this book other than it was recommended highly by Kayla of Books and Lala
- Not Quite Nice by Celia Imrie – When I saw this for a dollar at a charity shop I had to pick it up as I adore Celia Imrie.
- She Means Business by Carrie Green – This was gifted to me by a mentor of mine.
- When Michael Met Mina by Randa Abdel-Fattah – I had ordered this for the Aussi and Kiwi YA Bloggers Buddy read in May but It arrived too late for me to read it.
Okay two thirds done with my TBR cart tour and in the home stretch!
- City of Dark Magic Duology by Magnus Flyte – These were a thrift store purchase getting the both of them for a dollar total.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas – I picked this up after being blown away by On The Come Up. Need to read this ASAP
- Sky by Ondine Sherman – This I picked up due to Kelly over at Diva Booknerd’s review.
- The Crowns of Croswald by D.E. Night – This is another book sent to by the author that I really need to get to reading.
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton – This was recommended by someone somewhere… I don’t remember who. It confuses me that sometimes it’s called “The 7 Deaths…” and sometimes “The 7 1/2 Deaths…”! WHY?
- Black Hills By Nora Roberts – She’s my guilty pleasure read, although generally, I prefer her darker novels.
- The Real Boy by Anne Ursu – This is another 50 cents Library sale purchase.
- Toby Alone by Timothée de Fombelle – This is the same as above for 50 cents! This has the most beautiful dust jacket ever!
- Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein – This was a charity shop find by my boyfriend who thought I’d like it.
- Brave by Rose McGowan – I don’t read a lot of celebrity memoirs/autobiographies, but Rose McGowan is one of my favourites. This was another bargain bin from The Warehouse purchase.
- Mythos by Stephen Fry – This was a Christmas gift from my boyfriends family.
- Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – How could I not get this book with all of the hype that was in the book community… Notice how I haven’t read it yet though? LOL!
- Sadie by Courtney Summers – This was another book that multiple booktubers recommended.
That’s it! That’s everything on my TBR cart! If you made it this far and are interested in adding any of these to your Goodreads or TBR I have created a shelf over there for all of the books I put on my TBR cart.