It’s my second week of holiday and let me tell you I have been enjoying the time off. I have been able to really focus not only on getting content written but also some minor improvements for the blog. You might have noticed that blog interviews look slightly different. I also was able to dedicate time to moving servers which should speed up the loading time. Anyway, thank you all for your patience the last wee while as I was running out of steam. Also, thank you for Nomadic Worlds again for this excellent blog meme
How to participate in the meme:
1. Credit the creator of this tag (Nomadic Worlds) and link back.
2. Answer the four questions to the best of your ability.
3. Most important of all, enjoy yourself!
F – Feature your latest book obsession (it doesn’t have to be your current read).
I – Indicate which book/s you are looking forward to reading this weekend.
F – Favorite quote of the week/day.
F – Five things you’re happy or grateful for this week.
Feature your latest book obsession (it doesn’t have to be your current read).
I am currently reading this and omg it’s so good. It’s extremely authentic and despite the wish fulfilment aspect of this that could have nullified the experience rings true of trans experiences. There are some aspects that are semi problematic but I think are exemplar of the main character being 15. It made me cry multiple times for feeling like I have been authentically represented in a book.
Indicate which book/s you are looking forward to reading this weekend.
I love the musical but shamefully have never read the book. When I was last at the library I saw that it was there so I decided what the heck I’ll pick it up! I am sure its as good as the musical.
Favorite quote of the week/day.
Na razrusha’ya. I am not ruined. E’ya razrushost. I am ruination.Genya – Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
Ooof! What a powerful response from a character that has been crushed realising her own power. I recently read this series for the first time and overall the first book was great, second was meh and third was a fitting end but also disappointing.
Five things you’re happy or grateful for this week.
- My book chat questions over at the Aussie YA Bloggers group, for Legacy the August AusYABuddyRead.
- My local library is an excellent and responsive service that has a great Young Adult Section!
- I got a lot of housework done this week which is good, and completely overhauled my office to be better functioning and tidier.
- I got some new tea from T2 which I’m excited to drink while I read.
- We are even closer to BOT Wayward Sons coming out *AND* Call Down the Hawk.
Thanks again for stopping by, hope you have a relaxing weekend! What are you planning on reading?