I found this tag on Destiny’s blog, and you should definitely go check out her post, and her blog in general as it is an amazing blog! It’s getting to be that time of year again, you know the end. I personally and looking forward to it as it seems like this year has been 16 months long. Here’s to a happier 2020!
1. Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
Ummmmm…. *guilty look* yes! If we count all the books I have read maybe a chapter of before setting aside to do other things than heaps. If we count books that I have started a big chunk of before setting aside it’s a much smaller list. The list below is from oldest to newest.
- A Clash Of Kings – I’m starting to think that George R. R. Martin’s style is just not for me and maybe I should just set these books aside and enjoy the show for what it was. I am 300 pages into this and NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secret Of The Universe – I cannot tell you why I put this one aside, I was enjoying it. I think I had and ARC to read. Anyway, I might read this next, I’m listening to the audiobook which is read by Lin Manuel Miranda!
- The Witch’s Book of Self-Care: Magical Ways to Pamper, Soothe, and Care for Your Body and Spirit – Yo I really suck at reading nonfiction, it just takes like a million years for me to read one page! I am liking this book just it’s going at a slooooow pace.
- Sorcerous Rivalry – This was sent to me by the author and I’m at a point which I’m not sure I am enjoying. The whole book seems rushed but also slow like I’m 70 pages in and the story thus far could have been its own book. This is why I’m hesitant to review books sent by an author, it feels so delicate.
- You Too? – This is an ARC I’m reading for a Tour I am part of in early January. See the above statement regarding nonfiction, this one is especially difficult as I also work in a field where I often hear help work through situations similar to these stories.
- Middlegame – this is my current active read and I am really enjoying it, I am definitely going to finish it before the new year is over! I might even finish it before Christmas!
Phew! That’s it, that’s all the books I have read a decent amount of before setting aside for one reason or another! I’m not sure how many of them I will get done before 2020 rings in!
2. Do you have
autumnal spring books to transition into the end of the year?
Hmmmm… I’m not sure about this one. I think the closest is With Fire On High, I’m not sure why that feels like it’s a spring book but it does ya know! Am I going to get to read before the end of the year? Your guess is as good as mine!
3. Is there a new release you’re still waiting for?
REVERIE!!!!! Ryan La Sala’s debuts sounds like everything I could possibly want in a book, magical realism/fantasy, drag queens, a gay main character… YES! YES! YESSSS! I haven’t got it yet as I trying to avoid buying books to prevent me from accidentally buying books that others have bought for me as gifts. But is someone didn’t get me this as a gift I might have to do a murder!
4. What are three books you want to read before the end of the year?
I’m not really sure, because I am such a mood reader, and I hate being told what to do even by myself. The easiest way to ensure that I don’t read a book is by saying I need to read it next. But there are a few books I want to read still.
- The Surprising Power of a Good Dumpling by Wai Chim
- Winterwood by Shea Ernshaw
- Night Swimming by Steph Bowe
5. Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?
This is cheating a little as I only have an hour out of 17.5 hours left of it but Middlegame by Seanan McGuire is definitely working it’s way up there. Often though I find it is all in the endings, you know. So how tightly and well don this book ends will I determine how I feel about it as a whole. But I have been loving it so far!
6. Have you already started making reading plans for 2020?
YES! First of all, I want to read more books off my shelves, I have gathered so many books this year and keep meaning to read them and never really get around to them. I have so many unread books, thus why I’m doing the StartOnYourShelfathon hosted by CW.
So that’s the End of Year tag from me! I hope you all enjoyed it and again thank you to Destiny for sharing this on her blog first.