This week I want to bring you a slightly different post. As the holidays approach for many of us and we start to think about what gifts to get people, I thought perhaps a list of bookish gift ideas for your bookish friends. I endeavoured to make a list across various price points and from smallish to large.
Book related items:
This part of the list are items that will remind them of their favourite books, or characters while they wander through their life. They aren’t necessarily items for reading.
- Candles – I love a good candle or wax melt and the way they add warmth and fragrance to my house. A quick search of Etsy with your giftees favourite book and the word candle should come up with a few good options. I love this Darkling candle by Cornerfolds Candles but their Ronan Lynch one is on my wish list as well.
- Prints – This is a great idea especially for students heading off to uni or anyone who just moved into a new apartment. What better way to show people you love books than by the art on your wall. There are a variety of options including sassy book statements or book quotes. I am partial to this Anna Karenina quote by Paper Fox Designs Shop.
- Various House Items – There are so many different things out there you could get for your book lovers. Throw pillow, blankets, wall hangings and more. Bookish Stuff has heaps pe beautiful designs, especially for your Sarah J. Maas loving friends. I rather like this Throne of Glass throw pillow even though I haven’t read the book.
This next category is probably the more obvious of the options, things that help your reader do the thing they love.
- Bookmarks – Okay I will admit as someone who starts and stops books I am of the firm belief that one can never have too many bookmarks. Again Etsy has so many options it was hard to pick what to feature. You can get one with art from your reader’s favourite books or their name etc. These stamped metal ones by Josie Jo Pretty Things are stunning!
- Book Sleeves – If you haven’t heard of these, they are little envelopes or sleeves for you to store your book in while traveling so that you can keep your book safe. There are literally hundreds of styles and patterns. I don’t have many of these but the ones I do have I love. I absolutely adore this Slytherin book sleeve by Fabric Bound.
- Bookstand – This one is a specific thing that I have and adore, it is a triangle that I have on my bedside table to just set your book on for a quick moment. you know those ones where you usually dump it face down to scratch your demanding doggo? This protects the spine a bit more. You can get them a few places like Jessis Library.
- Tote Bags – How else can we carry all the books we need to carry with us if we don’t have a bag to put them in? yet again you can get a plethora of designs and styles. I love ones with nice long handles so I can put them over my shoulder. I have to say this Gilmore Girls tote by Suzy Q’s Tees is perfection!
This is the most expensive item on this list but a sure way to earn the undying love of your book lover. There are literally heaps of services out there that would deliver a mystery box of goodies including a new book to them monthly. I am not going to list them all but I can say that by far my favorite is Owl Crate. If you want to see an example of what you might get check out my October unboxing.
Thanks for reading and I hope that I gave you some great ideas to get your book lover. And to my boyfriend, if you are reading this you now know what to get (hahaha)!!