I am absolutely thrilled to be joining this year-long readathon with CW of the Quiet Pond. I have at the moment of writing this post 180 unread books on my TBR that I haven’t yet read! This doesn’t include Advance Reader Copies, OR Review Copies of books sent to me. So of course when CW announced this I was ALL IN!
- Join the StartOnYourShelfathon anytime between Dec 13th 2019 to Dec 31st 2020!
- To join #StartOnYourShelfathon, create a blog post, bookstagram post, booktube video, Twitter thread, or whatever medium you wish, with ‘#StartOnYourShelfathon’ in the title or your tweet.
- In your post/video/thread, announce that you will be participating in the readathon. List your readathon goals and the books you plan to read! (Post templates and readathon banners can be found in the readathon resources below!)
- Link back to CW’s Post so that others can find this readathon and join in.
So one of my goals I want to achieve during this is to read all the oldest books on my TBR. As in books that I have been meaning to read for years now! I won’t be officially starting the #startonyourshelfathon until January 1st, 2020.
Each month I want to read:
- The book that I own that has been on my shelf the longest unread.
- A total of 3 books that I already own on my shelf before today.
I won’t be listing the books that I want to read as we all know TBR lists and planned reading. I am such a mood reader they just stress me out and are usually the guaranteed way to ensure I never touch the books in question.
Hopefully, at the end of 2020 I will have completed 36 books off my unread shelf and another 12 of my oldest unread books.
My First Star Chart: Lost In Literature.
Legend says this constellation tells the story of a girl once who spent so much time reading that she had her bed moved into the library. This girl rarely was seen without a book in her hand. During meals, she read, in her bath she read, when traveling she read.
One day when reading she noticed a speck of dirt on her book and she tried to slick it off the page. It did not budge. When she leaned down closer to have a look she fell into the book, utterly lost in her book. Since then she has traveled from book to book experiencing these worlds first hand now.
At the end of each month, I will post my progress on what books I read and what I thought of them. I will also share which stars I found in my star map as seen above. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and please let me know if you are taking part in the #startonyourshelfathon!