Yay! It’s Friday, my day off and my Birthday! So I’m just having a fun day taking care of myself and enjoying the day. As always thank you to Nomadic Worlds for creating this fun meme.
How to participate in the meme:
1. Credit the creator of this tag (Nomadic Worlds) and link back.
2. Answer the four questions to the best of your ability.
3. Most important of all, enjoy yourself!
F – Feature your latest book obsession (it doesn’t have to be your current read).
I – Indicate which book/s you are looking forward to reading this weekend.
F – Favorite quote of the week/day.
F – Five things you’re happy or grateful for this week.
Feature your latest book obsession (it doesn’t have to be your current read).
I was that the launch for this book last night at my local bookstore Unity Books. I was already really interested in this book before last night but hearing Anna Smaill gush about it and a snippet of it read by Elizabeth Knox, I now cannot wait to start it. It’s a fat book though so who knows!
Indicate which book/s you are looking forward to reading this weekend.
Okay being upfront as much as I really want to just read Wayward Son like RIGHT NOW, and it’s my most likely next read, in reality I am so torn. Do I read this or the much heftier and adult The Absolute Book? I’m not even sure which to start! Why am I like this?
Favorite quote of the week/day.
But that’s life. One long tunnel. There are lights along the way. Sometimes they feel spread farther apart than others, but they’re there. And when you find one, it’s okay to stand under it for a while to catch your breath before marching back into the dark.The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza – Shaun David Hutchinson
My boyfriend and I recently listened to the audiobook of this book finishing it last night and we both really enjoyed it. I love Shaun David Hutchinson and his form of magical realism.
Five things you’re happy or grateful for this week.
- It’s my birthday which is my absolute favourite day ever!
- I had such a good time last night at the Book Launch for The Absolute Book, I really need to go to more bookish events!
- I’m currently reading Eliza and Her Monsters as recommended by well just about everyone and I am loving it!
- I have so many new books (bought 3 last night and have like 6 on their way including the more Shaun David Hutchinson)
- Been really loving K.D. Lang lately and the great voice she has and her music.