Where is the year going? I don’t even know! This week has been especially short as I was sick midweek and spent a day home sleeping and reading but here we are at the end of the week and approaching the end of September.
How to participate in the meme:
1. Credit the creator of this tag (Nomadic Worlds) and link back.
2. Answer the four questions to the best of your ability.
3. Most important of all, enjoy yourself!
F – Feature your latest book obsession (it doesn’t have to be your current read).
I – Indicate which book/s you are looking forward to reading this weekend.
F – Favorite quote of the week/day.
F – Five things you’re happy or grateful for this week.
Feature your latest book obsession (it doesn’t have to be your current read).
OMG, every time I hear about this book I just freak out! I need it in my life. Everything about it sounds really good and I was fine, you know waiting for it but the AusYABloggers have announced their tour and I started to freak out about it all over again!
Indicate which book/s you are looking forward to reading this weekend.
Okay, so this is a boring response but also still true. As I guessed last week almost as soon as I posted this blog I cracked open The Absolute Book by Elizabeth Knox. So this weekend I am definitely reading Wayward Son. Also, this is currently embargoed so even if I did read it I wouldn’t be able to talk about it and that’s TORTURE!
Favorite quote of the week/day.
They made us beleive we’re weaklings if we can’t do everything ourselves by ourselves. We all say, ‘So, I’ve failed,’ when mostly we’ve been failed. They made us afraid of one another, but of themselves they say ‘There is no “they”‘The Absolute Book by Elizabeth Knox
This quote was in the passage that Elizabeth Knox read at the launch, and had me fascinated. I couldn’t get it out of my head and is still so poignant and beautifully written. Seriously go read this book!
Five things you’re happy or grateful for this week.
- 4thewords is an absolutely fun way to write more
- Found a new pretty and very functional spread for my bullet journal to mix things up a bit!
- My OwlCrate has shipped so now I just get to patiently wait FOREVER for it!
- Read Pumpkin Heads this week which was really beautiful
- It’s my long weekend this weekend including a late Monday start so I get to sleep in!
Anyway thanks for stopping by this week it seems like it has just flown by. What are your plans for the weekend? Any exciting reads?