Today I thought I would try something new and take part in Top 10 Tuesday, which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is about books we are avoiding and I have a lot of books on my TBR but how many am I avoiding reading… okay like a lot! These are in no particular order and are for all sorts of reasons.
- Spin the Dawn – I received this in an OwlCrate and was super excited for it. I’m still super excited for it but just cannot bring myself to pick it up. What if it’s not good.
- Aurora Rising – I’m not sure if I need to have read the Illuminae series first. I also seem to no have heard anything about it after the initial release.
- Children of Blood and Bone – This is a mixture of Hype and nervousness, combined into that is that I just don’t feel in the mood for it.
- The Chaos Walking Series – I was really excited about this series and was talking to someone who I really trust and she said she didn’t enjoy it and now I’m not sure how I feel.
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle – This is one of those books where I cycle from really hyped to really meh about. I’m pretty sure once I pick it up I’ll be keen on it but thus far, it languishes on my TBR cart!
- Sadie – This was an impulse buy after hearing Kayla of Books and Lala talking about it and now I’m not sure I actually want to read it. Everyone says it’s good though!
- Birthday – I again have heard good things about this, and I know it’s own voices but I was really disappointed in If I Was Your Girl. I’m hoping perhaps this one is less catered to cis readers.
- The Diviners – I have heard so many excellent things about this book from like everyone allllll the time. It literally cannot live up to the hype, or can it?
- Spark – I’m not even sure why I’m avoiding this one, but I keep passing by it when I go to read something.
- A Storm of Swords – Oh a Song of Ice and Fire, how I love you and how I hate you! I love the stories that are told but the style is sooooo slow and boring to me personally, so while I want to know what happens next I partially cannot be bothered picking this up!
So that’s it from me today. How about you what books on your TBR are you avoiding? Which of these do you think I should read next?
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
You can find out more information at That Artsy Reader Girl.